Chepstow: 30th June 2015. enModus Ltd, a leading provider of Smart Building Solutions, has today announced two new additions to the Senior Management team; Andy Bell joins as VP Engineering and Andrew Maynard takes up the position of CFO.
Standard Products - Nodes
The enModus Node is an ultra-low-cost powerline control interface to luminaires and drivers in the enModus Smart Lighting Control (SLC) solution. The enModus Node uses Wattwave™ bi-directional powerline communication technology to receive control commands from, and report power use and status information to, the enModus Hub to which it is connected. All communications is via the existing mains lighting wiring in the building, so no new control wiring installation is required.
Each enModus Node can be connected to 1 or more conventional or low-energy luminaires, either directly or via an appropriate driver. Nodes support relay-switched, 0-10V dimming and DALI interfaces.
Standard controls and sensors, such as switches, PIR occupancy detectors and ambient light sensors, can all be connected to the enModus Node.
- ‘No New Wires” installation
- Real-time power measurement and status reporting
- Up to 255 enModus Nodes can be connected per enModus Hub
- Up to 253 ‘Groups’ of Nodes can be defined per enModus Hub
- Can drive and switch 240VAC 10A lighting loads directly
- Variants provide 0-10V dimming and DALI interface options
- Direct switch, dimmer and sensor inputs
- Simple installation into existing wiring minimises costs
- Accurate energy use and status data for owners
- Only a single enModus Hub needed for small/medium installations
- Flexibility for future change of building use
- Introduce ‘smart’ control to existing conventional lighting
- Supports sophisticated light dimming and controls
- Exploit existing ecosystem of low cost controls & sensors
Low Installation Costs using Existing Wiring
enModus Nodes wire directly into the same electrical circuit used by the lighting. They employ powerline technology over the existing lighting wiring infrastructure to communicate with an enModus Hub. No additional control wiring is needed.
Real-Time Energy & Status Monitoring
Each enModus Node can transmit real-time data on the energy use of the driver/luminaire(s) to which it is connected. Driver/luminaire status information such as dimming level, LED VF and temperature (where available) is also reported. Any sensors attached to the Node, such as occupancy/vacancy sensors and ambient light level photocells, are also monitored and their status reported back to the enModus Hub.
Flexible Control & Grouping Options
The enModus Smart Lighting Control (SLC) solution supports up to to 253 user-definable ‘Groups’ per enModus Hub, so that any enModus Nodes (irrespective of driver or luminaire type) can be clustered by room, zone, department, floor or building. Activation of a given local/remote control or sensor can be assigned to activate a Group. Groups are managed through the enModus Control Platform (ECP) and can be reconfigured after installation. In addition, ‘Scenes’ can be programmed with specific lighting and dimming combinations within a Group and these enabled either through activation by a control or on a time-of-day basis.